BASIC INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
Return your form by February 10, 2013
- WHAT IF IT RAINS? - This is a rain or shine event! You are expected to be at your shift no matter the weather unless contacted.
- HOW DO I PREPARE? – Please dress for the weather. We recommend dressing in layers if it is anticipated to be cold and/or inclement. We will provide water for our volunteers to help you stay hydrated. Bring sunscreen if you are not assigned to a tent. Finally, wear comfortable shoes!
- WHERE DO I PARK? – We recommend parking at the coliseum but volunteers may park anywhere within the general festival parking. Please, remember to give yourself enough time, especially if you are working a shift later in the day when the crowd might be larger.
- WHAT DO I GET FOR VOLUNTEERING? – In return for your service, you will receive an official festival T-Shirt! Additionally, if you are a high school student that needs to obtain service learning hours, we will provide documentation that you worked.
- WHEN DO I GET MY T-SHIRT? – Your t-shirt voucher will be given to you when you check out from your volunteer shift and can be redeemed at any time during the festival at the merchandise tent.
- WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME? – We request that you arrive 15 minutes early to check in and work your full shift. Be courteous and helpful to festival patrons. We also ask that you do your assigned job to the best of your abilities. Please act in a professional manner and refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking while on shift.
- WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF THE FESTIVAL?– The tentative schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, March 14 4 pm – 8 pm Team Load In/Set Up (Teams)
- Friday, March 15 7 am – 8 pm Team Load In/Set Up (Teams)
- 9 am Meat Inspection Begins
- 5 pm Cook’s Meeting
- 5:30 pm VIP & Ancillaries
- 10 pm End of Friday Events, Park Closes
- 11 pm Quiet Time
- Saturday, March 16 10:30 am People’s Choice Turn In (pulled)
- 11:55 am – 1:35 pm KCBS Category Turn In/Judging
- 4:30 pm Awards Ceremony (Stage)
- 3 pm – 6 pm Team Check Out
- 6 pm – 8 pm Clean Up/Tear Down
Register ON-LINE or Complete the Application PDF form below and mail to:
Don’t Be Cruel BBQ Volunteer Application
1800 W. Main Street, Box 1
Tupelo, MS 38801
Questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As a token of our appreciation a T-shirt will be provided for a minimum of 4 volunteer hours.
We will do our best to provide the requested size, but shirts are distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
Release - Waiver of Liability:
In consideration of accepting this submission, I, the undersigned, intending to be legally bound, hereby for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights and claims for any damages, losses and/or injuries suffered by myself, my team, employees, agents, representative, invitees and/or my guests against the Kansas City Barbeque Society, the Don’t Be Cruel BBQ Duel, the Link Centre, Fairpark District, the City of Tupelo, their benefactors, representatives, successors and/or assigns. Further, I hereby grant the above noted agencies and/or agents authorized by them, to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.